Friday, April 24, 2009

In Memory of Ardelle


Its been quiet for the last few months here at Devil's Workshop Crafts as my grandmother, Ardelle, was ill from a stroke, and much of my free time was spent visiting with her. She passed away just before Easter, at the age of 89.

Here is a eulogy that I wrote and read at her funeral. I think it sums up a lot about who she was and what she meant to me.

This is a pendant I made from the photo above and wore to the wake and the funeral. I purchased the supplies from Collage Stuff if you're interested in making one of your own.


Lastly, here is a link to a recipe I posted a few month's ago for Ardelle's Sweet and Sour Green Beans.

1 comment:

christina said...

so sorry for your loss, ardelle sounds like a wonderful and sweet woman, you were blessed to have her in your life...

my sweet grandma lena died at the age of 89 a few days before easter too (a few years ago)...weird coincidence...

i'm sure lena is welcoming ardelle to a better place somewhere...i'll tell my grandma to bake her some of her pizzelles...

sending you warm wishes...
xox